Thursday, August 18, 2011

Three P's and Keys


This is a re-post from some time ago, but the principles still apply!

Yesterday, I forgot my wallet. I arrived at one of my favorite coffee spots and realized I had left it at home. Don't you hate that? I feel like I am moving almost everyday with carrying various things from place to place. Guess I didn't run through the checklist very well as I left.

The coffee shop was so kind and let me put my order on a tab. I'm a weekly regular and they felt they could trust me. But I still had to make arrangements about another meeting that was at another location where I was not so well known. Fortunately, a plan B formed and all went well.

Why do we forget something as routine as having our purse or wallet? I think that our minds easily get cluttered with lots of other things, and we get out of the habit of running through a mental checklist of having what we need. For a long time, I had a little reminder to myself of "Three P's and Keys" when walking out the door. The P's stood for things like my pedometer and phone and the keys are self-explanatory. Guess I need to go back to that!

The challenge is I carry a briefcase-type tote bag and my wallet is actually a mini purse that I can grab to run into stores, etc. And, most of the small cases of things I carry are all black. So I just grabbed the tote bag rather than doing a quick check that I actually had the various items IN the bag that I needed. You can be sure that "purse" is going to become one of the P's on my list from now on!

How about you? What do you do to make sure you have everything you need with you each day?
Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment