Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Don't Get it Til You're Ready

I'm trying to discipline myself to more often wait to purchase something until I'm actually ready to process it. (There is exception of course to the weekly grocery shopping my husband does but I'm referring to miscellaneous errands and tasks.)

For example, I like to patronize a produce stand near my home. I have found that if I wait to go buy some produce for the week until Saturday, and then come home and immediately process most of it into snacks (i.e. cut it up, put in bags for lunch, etc.) then I'm more likely to eat the healthy food or pull it out to accompany supper.

This past Saturday I did that with watermelon. I waited to go to the produce stand until other tasks for the day were done. Then I came home and got to work.

You can apply this principle to several types of tasks.


Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment