Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Food Containers


Many people collect plastic dishes to use for leftovers and packed lunches. Often these end up filling a cabinet with clutter and mismatched lids. Here are suggestions for getting it under control.

1)    Figure out what sizes you need most and limit yourself to only buying or keeping a consistent size/brand.
2)    Make sure you have a lid for every container
3)    Put mismatched containers into recycling or save them in a separate place to use for other organizing projects (i.e. desk and dresser drawers, hardware, etc.)

For example, I chose to get freezer style containers for leftovers that are a bit heavier duty and freeze well (since I sometimes freeze leftovers.) You see how they all stack with lids available underneath. I also kept a few other sizes for smaller items, making sure I had lids for each. I kept just enough to reasonably fill the cabinet. These sizes all fit into lunch boxes.

I kept a few larger containers for temporary storage of larger amounts of leftovers, but only if I had a matching lid. If I really wanted to consolidate, I could limit myself to no more than three sizes and put everything into those. It just depends on how you do things.

The main point is EVERY container must have a matching lid, and all containers should match enough for easy and neat stacking.



Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment