Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Car Clean?


by Beth Beutler

What's your car looking like right now? I just got my truck washed and it always feels good to have it clean. I've been doing a lot better about keeping the inside cleaned out, too. Here are some tips I've been trying to follow:

  • When I get out of the truck most days, I try to collect everything that doesn't have a permanent home and make sure it comes into the house.
  • I keep a hanging plastic bag on the passenger side to act as a trash bag. For the most part, all trash goes into that bag.
  • I keep a roll of paper towels in a basket in the back seat so we always have something to clean up with or spread on our legs if eating on the run.
  • Each week when I get gas, I empty or discard the trash bag and tidy up around the entire inside while the gas is pumping.

Now, I admit that I have an easier time of it because I rarely have any passengers anymore. (Enjoy them now...kids grow up quick!) But if you train all your passengers to scan their area as they leave the car, you can get in a good habit, too. Unless you want your car to be a big purse. :)*

(*First heard this analogy from Dave Ramsey.)


Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment